Organic Skin Care
Organic skin care is using natural organic substances to care for your skin. Using natural substances for skin care avoids exposing your skin to artificial chemicals. It’s a more natural way of caring for your skin.
Organic skin care is not only more skin friendly, but it’s also less expensive than man-made products. Organic products can help your skin look healthy and younger looking at a fraction of the cost of most skin care products. Natural skin care methods can also help to prevent some skin disorders. So if it can be done naturally, it helps with your attempts to live a more natural life.
Using fruits and vegetables in your organic skin care routine is probably the easiest way to start out. Fruits and vegetables are known to have a refreshing and revitalizing effect on your skin. Here are a few you should know about:
- Cucumber- cucumbers are mostly water. They also contain vitamin C as well as caffeic acid. Both of these have a soothing effect on the skin. They also prevent water retention. This could explain why their use seems effective for puffy eyes and skin.
- Turmeric- has anti-inflammatory properties. Has been used as an acne treatment and also may help reduce the appearance of acne scars.
- Apple- Apples are high in vitamin C which helps build collagen in the skin. They also contain copper, which helps with the production of melanin. Melanin is the pigment responsible for color in your skin.
- Papaya- Papaya has many benefits for your skin. It can control acne breakouts and clear the skin. It is effective in reducing wrinkles and dark circles under the eyes. It also moisturizes the skin and is used as a treatment for eczema and psoriasis.
- Ginger- Ginger has antioxidant properties and prevents free radical formation that can damage skin. It clears acne and soothes minor burns on the skin. It also evens skin tone and improves elasticity.
Many skin care books have sections on organic skin care. Download one of these books and keep it handy as you start working on your organic skin care routine. You can easily choose the ones that match your skin type and start experimenting with the ones that you think will work best for you. Just be sure to use fresh fruits and vegetables in your skincare routine.
Milk is rich in B vitamins, alpha-hydroxy acids, and calcium. It has potent antioxidant and will moisturize and revitalize the skin. Using raw milk on the face has been a beauty secret for many generations. Milk is a natural face cleanser, exfoliant, and helps to reduce dark pigmentation.
Oatmeal has antioxidant properties that make it useful as a natural skin care product. Oatmeal has natural anti-itching properties which are good in the treatment of eczema and psoriasis. It can also be sued in the treatment of acne owing to it’s healing and antioxidant properties. These same properties also make it a good choice for treating sunburn. It is used in various combinations with egg, honey, milk, and fruits, for the preparation of organic facial masks. It is especially good for oily skins in particular.
Wheat germ is known for it’s exfoliating and moisturizing properties. It is also rich in vitamin E. Wheat germ is commonly used in facial masks in combination with other organic ingredients. Wheat germ oil can be used to treat dry skin.
Yogurt and sour cream are other organic materials that are popular for their exfoliation and moisturizing properties.
Use of organic honey is also popular in organic skin care procedures. It helps in retention of moisture and helps impart a glowing look to the skin.
Rose water takes its place as a toner in organic skin care routines. Lavender water is popular too.
Organic skin care can help you with your quest to live more naturally while still allowing you to use a skin care regimen to help you look younger and care for your skin. Do your research and decide which of these organic ingredients for skin care you want to add to your skin care program. Then use them and see how your skin improves by using organic skin care.